By The Numbers Garage Specs
This view is looking into...
This view is looking into the front of the garage through the show side of the garage. Here you can see several of the show cars that are kept in the clean environment.
• Lower Level: 40' x 60' x 12' ceiling, plus 6' x -12.5', storage room. 9'x 5' bathroom in garage area
• Upper Level: 40' x 60' x 10' ceiling at apex. Bathroom 9' x 5'.
• 2 x 6 framing
• Insulation = Walls R19; blown-in ceiling R30 12/4 and 12/6 Pitch
• Fully finished walls and ceiling painted off-white
• Double-hung ultra-tilt low-e argon windows (Ten 32" x 74" (lower level) and Ten 32" x 62"and three 32" x 74" (upper level)
• Doors: three garage doors 10' x 10' with windows in top section installed as "high-lift". Two garage doors on front of building, one on side. Three 3/4 HP Lift-Master electric garage door openers.Entry doors from front, rear, and storage room.
The Corvette nearest to the...
The Corvette nearest to the front garage door on the show side is the frame-on restored '72 Targa Blue LS-5 convertible that is the twin to the frame-off '72. This Corvette is the car they usually drive and enjoy. The next car in the line is the frame-off '72 convertible that was the first Vette they purchased and got them started in the Corvette hobby. The last car in the line is the 1,700 original mile Bryar Blue '72 Corvette.
• Per code, poly moisture barrier, steel mesh, 4-inch concrete.
• Sherwin-Williams Tile Clad High Solids Epoxy applied to concrete floor.
• Surface prepared according to label directions.
• Upstairs: Glidden Porch and Floor Polyurethane oil applied to T4 flooring.
• 8 foot long fluorescent lights consisting of two rows of two 4' lights
• Nine lights on work side; Eight on show side; Twelve upstairs; bank-switched in groups.
• Six adjustable track lights on show side.
• Stinger ET four-post 7000 pound capacity with 110V power unit, caster kit, drip trays, jack bridge, aluminum ramps, and drive-through capability
Here is the Harpers' '67 all...
Here is the Harpers' '67 all original 427/ 390 HP Corvette that has 33,000 original miles. On the wall behind the car are some framed pictures, most of which are the Harpers' current cars and some that have since sold. Above the pictures is the elevated access door to the air ventilation system for one of the two ground floor systems. You can access the electrostatic air cleaner filters behind this door.
• 200 amp service with separate breaker box for each level. 220 V for compressor. 120 V circuits for lighting and wall outlets. Ceiling outlets switch controlled. Phone and cable outlets in work and show garage areas and upstairs. Wall-mounted TV and DVD/VCR in work area.
Standby Power: None
Heating and Cooling
• Four 2-ton capacity heat pumps, 12 SEER; Evaporation/Air handler units mounted in ceiling/attic; thermostat controlled; electrostatic air cleaners
• Interior and exterior hot and cold water spigots at garage corners; wash up-sink, bathroom. Tankless hot water heater.
• Floor drain: None
• NorthStar Electric Stationary Air Compressor - 5 HP, 80 Gallon, 15.9 CFM At 90 PSI, 230 Volt, Located in storage room to reduce work area noise, In-wall compressed air outlets in work and clean areas as well as upstairs
This is the first floor r...
This is the first floor restroom.
• Craftsman and Suncast tool chests, fixed and rolling benches.
• Wall Storage: None
• Award plaques, framed photos, Corvette automobilia. Working stoplight
• Stacked washer/dryer; under-counter refrigerator; 6-ton hydraulic press; 20-gallon parts washer; 2-ton engine lift; three 1,500 pound engine stands: Mixed media blast cabinet; 5 gallon adjustable oil catch pan; floor jacks and stands.
Initially set up as an office...
Initially set up as an office and parts storage area, the upstairs also now accommodates a modular HO model train layout, which has been another passion of Bob's for many years.
The second floor was designed...
The second floor was designed with the unique feature in that there are no supporting structures, walls, or columns on the floor space and it has created a massive area for multipurpose use now and in the future. Both floors have full bathrooms and additional comforts such as a kitchen and sitting areas for guests.
Bob, Sharon, and Rob Harp...
Bob, Sharon, and Rob Harper.