Geoff Skorupa degreeing in the cam.
Strapping Project C4orce on the dyno for the last time was bittersweet. After putting an initial computer program together for the modifications we installed, we started tuning for drivability and making sure everything was running properly mechanically. After all the prelims were out of the way, we started turning the wick up and began tuning for power. It is very important to correctly tune a combination like this for reliability, drivability and power. With Geoff's years of experience in tuning LS engines and having gone through proper tuning classes over the years from prominent OEM calibrators, we correctly dialed in the computer system for years of fun and reliable driving times as the new owner, Roger Less, will quickly attest to. The final dyno numbers on Project C5X came out to be 411 RWHP, which was 116 more horsepower than stock. The tune in the car was so consistent that after the Roger took delivery of the car in Colorado, he had it tested and tweaked for his altitude change and his tuner came up with the same 411 RWHP figure. Right on!
On a closing note and with a tear in his eye...to Project C5X from Geoff Skorupa, God Bless and God Speed!
|Difficulty Index - 5 Wrenches|
|Anyone’s Project: no tools required||1 Wrench|
|Beginner: basic tools||2 Wrenches|
|Experienced: special tools||3 Wrenches|
|Accomplished: special tools and outside help||4 Wrenches|
|Professionals Only: send this work out||5 Wrenches|
The block is now cleaned and ready for head install.
Photo of lubricated camshaft viewed through lifter bores.
Reinstalling lubricated lifters and carriers.
Torquing down new World cylinder heads.
It is at this point that we realized that the stock rockers were hitting the valve cover r
Front of Warhawk head with rockers Installed.
Reinstalling the A.I.R. tubing prior to intake manifold install.
Grinding the bottom of the intake manifold for fitment.
This photo shows how much of the intake manifold bolt we had to remove to properly torque